Oil unarguably remains the biggest determinant factor in the health of many Middle East economies - so whatever sector you work in you cannot ignore its significance.
In the company of the Economist Intelligence Unit's global economist Cailin Birch, we will share our oil price forecasts for 2021-2025 and explore what this dynamic means for the region, how it will impact business confidence and investment, and chart the region's progress as it attempts to diversify its economies beyond oil.
Cailin will address the following issues:
- Global oil demand recovery expectations in Asia, OECD countries and emerging markets.
- Supply trends based on OPEC agreements and the potential return of US shale oil
- The role of sanctions and embargoes in respect of Iranian and Libyan oil supplies.
- Oil price forecasts for 2021-25 as well as potential up- and downside risks.
- The return of the geopolitical risk premium.
- The long-term future of oil in the face of sustainable energy market developments and evolving environmental regulations.
Following Cailin's presentation, we will convene a Q&A panel session with Cailin and Matt Stanley, senior broker at Star Fuels.
Please note that this event is limited to senior-level executives and per invitation only. If you are not an existing member of The Economist Corporate Network, but would like to learn how you can attend our events, please contact us.