New concepts are disrupting business models in ways that make supply chain management more important than ever. As technologies evolve and companies adopt new strategies for reaching their customers, we find that consumers do not just choose between products; they also choose how to buy them. Customers have a choice of platforms from which to purchase, and sellers must provide a good experience through all of them. Managing the supply chain has become an essential element of the customer experience, but it is especially difficult as the multi-channel sales environment evolves. This event will provide a platform for senior leaders to discuss ideas with their peers to help them use supply chain management as a tool to grow their business.
This interactive roundtable discussion, moderated by Dr William Thomas, South-east Asia Director for the Economist Corporate Network, will bring together business leaders and experts in supply chain to discuss:
- how the planning and execution of the supply chain process helps satisfy customer demands
- new technologies, changing business models, and evolving customer expectations
- how to improve demand sensing with richer and faster data signals to react to demand changes, resulting in better inventory positioning
- how to facilitate real time visibility and analytics, providing one view of information across the extended value chain
- new expectations for, and methods of, sustainable logistics that reduce the impact on the environment
The goal is to help leaders create a more resilient and sustainable supply chain that is appropriate for their individual situation and meets customers' needs in a changing environment.
Managing Supply Chain Disruptions event summary paper
On June 29th, 2021, The Economist Corporate Network held the first event of a series of meetings that aim to examine how senior leaders can safeguard their businesses by identifying supply chain risks and how they can turn those risks into competitive advantages. To learn more about this event and what was discussed, please download the free summary paper.